flavour profile: a perfect pairing of lively, yummy pear kissed with a hint of nutmeg
ingredients: heritage & wild green & white tea leaves nutmeg & pear essence
A wonderfully refreshing iced tea, this blend is also divine served hot. It evokes the feeling of a treat, (but without the calories), making it a great choice when you’re craving sweets! Check out RECIPE IDEAS below to discover how to transform it into a fabulous iced or hot latte, hot or iced cider & tea popsicle (all of which taste decadent but are actually pretty good for you!).
Green tea has been associated with stress-relieving properties & nutmeg which is also found in this tea, is traditionally thought of as having a mentally soothing & comforting quality. Stress-reduction may also help counter the desire for treats.
We are currently sold out of this tea & do not yet have an estimated arrival date for more. We highly recommend clicking above where it says “EMAIL WHEN AVAILABLE” & adding your name to the list as you’ll be the first to be notified when this tea is in stock. There is also a chance it may sell out again quickly.
Transform it into a healthy, low-cal “dessert in a glass” by:
- combining brewed tea with pear juice to make a mulled cider that is delicious when served hot or iced. Optional: Add a splash of whiskey, rum or brandy to transform into a cocktail (aprox. 1-2 oz alcohol per 1 cup serving of tea).
- mixing it with non-dairy milk to create a hot or iced tea latte. Sweeten with a pinch of maple syrup. Optional: Add a splash of whiskey, rum or brandy to transform into a cocktail (aprox. 1-2 oz alcohol per 1 cup serving of tea).
- Partridge in a Pear Tea also makes a tantalizing tea popsicle! Use the suggestions above to make it into a creamy popsicle with milk, or a fruit based popsicle with pear juice. Omit the alcohol when making a popsicle, as it will impact the ability of it to freeze - or add the alcohol, let it freeze in a pitcher & serve it as a slushie.
Pour 2 cups of water over 1 tsp. of SILK ROAD premium quality, organic loose tea. This may not seem like a lot of tea but SILK ROAD teas are incredibly fresh & flavourful, which means that you don’t need very much in order to produce a delicious cup of tea. Using any more tea leaves can result in a cup of tea that is too strong.
- herbal tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 7-10 minutes
- wellness tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | cover & steep 7-10 minutes
- green tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 1-3 minutes
- black tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 2-5 minutes
- white tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 3-5 minutes
- oolong tea bring water to the boil | steep 5-7 minutes
Loose teas are sold in refillable tins to preserve the tea’s superb flavour, freshness and nutrients. Normally, we encourage you to bring your empty tins into our shops to refill. However, this is currently on pause due to COVID-19. We’re delighted to offer another eco-friendly, low-waste way to re-use your tins!
Brown bag refills are available when you purchase tea in-store and online. Simply select “refill” to receive your tea in a brown bag refill. Immediately transfer the tea to the original tin it came in, once the brown bag refill is home or has arrived in the mail. Brown bags are 100% recyclable, compostable, biodegradable and made of post-consumer recycled paper.
CAN I STORE TEA IN THE BROWN BAG REFILL? No, it is a short term method for transport only and is not suitable for storing. It will not maintain tea’s freshness, nutrients and flavour. It does not protect against exposure to air, liquid or moisture. Air exposure causes nutrient & flavour loss; liquid/moisture causes tea to mildew. As soon as you get home from the shop, or when it arrives in the mail, transfer tea immediately into Silk Road tins - they are designed to preserve the tea.
ABOUT TEA SIZES Refer to the above chart - our loose teas are sold by volume, not weight.