We are sold out online but small quantities are available for in-store purchase at our Victoria Chinatown and Vancouver Kitsilano locations.
A wonderfully refreshing iced tea, this blend is also divine served hot. It evokes the feeling of a treat, (but without the calories), making it a great choice when you’re craving sweets! Check out RECIPE IDEAS below to discover how to transform it into a fabulous iced or hot latte, hot or iced cider & tea popsicle (all of which taste decadent but are actually pretty good for you!).
Green tea has been associated with stress-relieving properties & nutmeg which is also found in this tea, is traditionally thought of as having a mentally soothing & comforting quality. Stress-reduction may also help counter the desire for treats.
Originally launched as a holiday blend, this delightful tea has become a year-round favourite, but the ingredients in these tea are rare & limited - get it whenever you can, before it sells out again!
flavour profile: a perfect pairing of lively, yummy pear kissed with a hint of nutmeg
ingredients: heritage & wild green & white tea leaves nutmeg & pear essence
Transform it into a healthy, low-cal “dessert in a glass” by:
- combining brewed tea with pear juice to make a mulled cider that is delicious when served hot or iced. Optional: Add a splash of whiskey, rum or brandy to transform into a cocktail (aprox. 1-2 oz alcohol per 1 cup serving of tea).
- mixing it with non-dairy milk to create a hot or iced tea latte. Sweeten with a pinch of maple syrup. Optional: Add a splash of whiskey, rum or brandy to transform into a cocktail (aprox. 1-2 oz alcohol per 1 cup serving of tea).
- Partridge in a Pear Tea also makes a tantalizing tea popsicle! Use the suggestions above to make it into a creamy popsicle with milk, or a fruit based popsicle with pear juice. Omit the alcohol when making a popsicle, as it will impact the ability of it to freeze - or add the alcohol, let it freeze in a pitcher & serve it as a slushie.
Pour 2 cups of water over 1 tsp. of SILK ROAD premium quality, organic loose tea. This may not seem like a lot of tea but SILK ROAD teas are incredibly fresh & flavourful, which means that you don’t need very much in order to produce a delicious cup of tea. Using any more tea leaves can result in a cup of tea that is too strong.
- herbal tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 7-10 minutes
- wellness tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | cover & steep 7-10 minutes
- green tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 1-3 minutes
- black tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 2-5 minutes
- white tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 3-5 minutes
- oolong tea bring water to the boil | steep 5-7 minutes
We are temporarily sold out of 40 cup tins online and for store pick up, due to a shortage of metal food tins, which is a result of a combination of the popularity of canned goods during the pandemic & a shortage of labour to produce metal & tins. You can still purchase 40 cup refills, or upgrade to a larger size tin.
While we have ordered more 40 cup tins, they are on back order at this time, and we do not have an expected arrival date. We will keep you updated here on the status of 40 cup tins. Thank you for your patience and support!
We’re now sold out of the 250 cup size tins, but you’re welcome to order refills for your 250 cup tins. We’re delighted to announce that our 300 cup tins are back in stock again!
Loose teas are sold in refillable tins to preserve freshness and nutrients. Exposure to light, heat and air causes flavour loss as well as the nutrient value of tea to decline, so be sure to store your teas in the tins they came in. Bring the tin back into our shops for refills and enjoy a discount. Please note that we sell our loose teas by volume, not weight.