RENEW ME SOUP
by Daniela Cubelic | Tea Master + Founder, SILK ROAD
Throughout Asia since ancient times, tea & medicinal herbs have been used to make healing soups. Our FORTIFY TEA SOUP BROTH has a rich, aromatic, satisfying taste with a warming, fortifying effect. It’s blend of tea, herbs and spices prized for their digestive, anti-aging, antioxidant & nutrient rich benefits. FORTIFY TEA SOUP BROTH is versatile – use it to make an instant broth which you can enjoy on its own, or use it to make a variety of other soups, congee or use it to cook any of your favourite grains.
ReNew Me Soup is a recipe featuring vegetables high in beta-carotene & other antioxidants. They also have a naturally sweet taste, so although they are low in calories they can help you feel full & satisfied, reducing cravings for unhealthy foods. This soup makes a perfect light dinner, or a yummy lunch or make it in advance & freeze. It’s a great way to reset your system whenever you need it – after you’ve been eating too many rich or indulgent foods or when you simply want to add more nutritive food to your diet. Although it’s healthy, it has a wonderful, exotic taste that means you can also bring it to potlucks or serve it for guests.
dairy-free, vegan & gluten-free
- Brew FORTIFY TEA SOUP BROTH* by using use 1 tsp. Tea Soup for every cup of soup that you’d like to make. Steep for 10 min, then strain.
- While waiting for the broth to steep, slice veggies into smaller pieces. Use yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, butternut squash &/or pumpkin. You can make this soup entirely with one of these vegetables, or use any two types or all of these. Try different combinations out to find that ones you love best. Hint: the smaller you cut the vegetable pieces, the faster this soup will cook.
- Pour tea “broth” over vegetables. Use 1.5 cups liquid to every cup of sliced vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium low & simmer for 15-20 min. You know it’s ready once the veggies are tender.
- Purée with a hand blender until smooth. Yum! FORTIFY TEA SOUP BROTH* contains seaweed which is naturally lightly salty but low in sodium. Give this soup a taste before salting to see if it’s already salty enough for you. If not, add a bit of good quality salt to it to taste.
Optional: garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, fresh parsley, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts