Adding tea and herbs to your daily cuisine is a great way to amp up vitamins, minerals and give your diet a nutritional boost. RENEW TEA SOUP BROTH is a spring mix of antioxidant rich greens, herbs and spices that you can enjoy on its own, or use it to make a variety of soups, to cook your grains in or try this easy and quick pesto and dip recipe.
RENEW Pesto is yummy drizzled over springtime asparagus, or smashed potatoes. Use it as a dip for your favourite cut veggies or add to sauces, salad dressings and more. It takes only minutes to make and it’s perfect for anyone with dietary sensitivities or wishing to avoid certain foods, including oils and nuts.
dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free & nut-free
RENEW PESTO & DIP
Ingredients ~ makes approx 1 cup
- 3 Tbsp RENEW TEA SOUP BROTH, brewed double strength, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed fresh basil – large stems removed (optional: use fresh stinging nettle leaves*)
- 3 Tbsp raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of sea salt
- Brew 1 Tbsp RENEW TEA SOUP BROTH with 1/2 cup boiling water – steep 10 minutes, then strain. To cool, put tea broth in a heatproof container and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Add basil leaves, sunflower seeds, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt to food processor or small blender. Blend on high until a chunky paste forms.
Add RENEW TEA SOUP BROTH one tablespoon at a time, until well blended and the desired consistency is reached. You will need to add more broth if using for dressing for a more pourable consistency.
TIP: pour any leftovers into ice cube molds, freeze and pull out as needed for sauces, soups or dressings.
*If using stinging nettle, the leaves will need a quick one minute steam before you use them to make the pesto. Make sure you are using gloves or tongs to avoid the ‘sting’. After steaming, place in ice bath to stop cooking and pat dry with paper towel or tea towel before adding to the blender/food processor.