We’re excited to announce that we’ve sourced a new style of Mulberry Tea!
The benefits of both types of Mulberry Tea are the same, but the processing methods to make them are different. This new style is lightly steamed & dried, whereas the other type was rolled after steaming. The production method affects:
- the tea's taste: the new one has a slightly more vegetal & less toasty flavour than the original style.
- the tea’s appearance: the new one looks fluffier & the pieces are smaller but open, rather than closed & tightly rolled.
Please note that as tea is a food product we cannot accept returns or exchanges. We recommend stopping by our shops to taste it before purchasing, if you’re unsure whether you’ll like the taste of this tea. If you’re ordering online, you may wish to purchase a smaller quantity to start out, before stocking up.
We do not have any estimated arrival dates for the original style of Mulberry Tea, so this new tea is the only type of we are able to offer at this time. Quantities are limited, so we may run out quickly. As with many other teas & ingredients, Mulberry is currently experiencing crop shortages stemming from climate change.
Pour 2 cups of water over 1 tsp. of SILK ROAD premium quality, organic loose tea. This may not seem like a lot of tea but SILK ROAD teas are incredibly fresh & flavourful, which means that you don’t need very much in order to produce a delicious cup of tea. Using any more tea leaves can result in a cup of tea that is too strong.
- herbal tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 7-10 minutes
- wellness tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | cover & steep 7-10 minutes
- green tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 1-3 minutes
- black tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 2-5 minutes
- white tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 3-5 minutes
- oolong tea bring water to the boil | steep 5-7 minutes
We’re now sold out of the 250 cup size tins, but you’re welcome to order refills for your 250 cup tins. We’re delighted to announce that our 300 cup tins are back in stock again!
Loose teas are sold in refillable tins to preserve freshness and nutrients. Exposure to light, heat and air causes flavour loss as well as the nutrient value of tea to decline, so be sure to store your teas in the tins they came in. Bring the tin back into our shops for refills and enjoy a discount. Please note that we sell our loose teas by volume, not weight.