Our stores are currently closed, but you can still shop online!
Now offering touch-less “takeout” store pickup at our Victoria & Vancouver shops OR shipping via Canada Post.
Place your order online & choose between 2 delivery methods:
1. Curb-side Store Pickup is touch-less & free, & saves you the shipping charge whenever your order is under $50. You place the order & pay for it online. At Check Out, select “Store Pickup” & be prompted to choose the store you’d like to pick up at. When your order is ready, we’ll contact you via email. Pickup times vary & a time will be arranged with you. When you arrive, the door of the store will be open, but will be blocked by a table. Please stand back 2 meters while your order is placed on a table. Our team member will then step back, before you reach to the table to grab your item.
2. Free & Flat Rate Shipping
We’ve temporarily lowered our rates to help make it easier for you to get your faves delivered.
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over $50 in Canada (normally this rate is $75).
- For orders under $50, we offer a flat rate of only $15
- U.S. customers get FREE SHIPPING for orders over $100 (normally this rate is $150).
- For orders under $100, the flat rate is $35.
We ship to anywhere in Canada & the U.S. We do not currently offer shipping to other destinations.
PRODUCTS WE SHIP
We ship items that are sold on our online store, which includes tea, skincare, aromatherapy + bath & body care.
We do not ship tea ware (mugs, teapots, tea strainers) or household goods – you’ll find these available for purchase at our retail shops only.
Many of our teawares are exclusive pieces that are available in limited quantities only on a seasonal basis, & the selection can vary by store location. As well, since we do not ship them, if you like what you see, be sure to stock up when you visit in-store!
We do not ship items purchased when you are in-store. To have items shipped, you need to place your order online directly through this site.
Please note, A few restrictions apply on Free & Flat Rate Shipping: Shipping rates are calculated per delivery address- for instance, each order going to each delivery destination, must be over $75 in Canada, or over $150 in the U.S. to qualify for free shipping. Flat rates apply to each unique delivery address. Online Gift Cards do not qualify towards free shipping.
We ship using expedited service from Canada Post, so our delivery times are faster than you may expect. You’ll get a notice from us confirming when your order shipped. It typically takes 1-2 business days from when your order was placed to when we ship it.
Here is a list of how long it usually takes for orders to arrive to you once they have been shipped
- Vancouver Island: 1-2 business days
- BC Lower Mainland: 1-2 business days
- Rest of BC: 2-3 business days
- Prairie Provinces (AB, SK, MB): 3-7 business days
- Eastern Canada (ON, QC): 5-7 business days
- Maritimes (NL, NB, NS, PE): 7-8 business days
- Northern Canada (YT, NT, NU): 5-10 business days
- USA (can vary greatly depending on the destination): 5-12 business days
Please note these shipping estimates may vary during the holiday season or during peak times.
We recommend adding extra time for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day as the information we’ve provided above are estimates. Due to circumstances outside of our control including severe weather & customs, parcels can experience unexpected delays.
SILK ROAD cannot be held responsible for misadventure resulting from the misuse or the use of any of the products or methods mentioned in this online brochure.The information outlined should not be used to treat any ailment or to imply in any way that any of our products &/or their use are a treatment or prevention for any health or medical condition.
Individuals with health conditions &/or who use medication should consult their doctor before using any aromatherapy products. Contraindications include pregnancy, breastfeeding, asthma, epilepsy & chemotherapy. Individuals with health conditions or who use medication should consult their doctor if they intend to start drinking tea.
SILK ROAD aromatherapy products are for external use only. Keep out of reach of children & pets.
Changes to our shipping rates & policies may occur without notice.
Find more FAQs here.
Postal/Zip Code Error Message
- Double check all the information you entered relating to your credit card number as well as your address details.
- Postal/Zip codes can be case sensitive - make sure yours is entered correctly (entering it incorrectly is one of the most common errors we see when this is an issue).
If you’ve done all of the above and it’s still giving you an error message, the problem is with your bank or your credit card provider & here’s what can go wrong:
- Sometimes what is on file at your bank slightly mismatches what you have entered in your online checkout. It might be that you moved & didn’t update your bank with your new address, or that if you have an address with a unit or apartment number on it, or it’s a numbered street (like West 4th or NW) that the way your bank has it written doesn’t match what you’ve outlined. You’ll need to check with your bank to confirm the details &/or get them to update the information if their information on file doesn’t match your current info. Fraud prevention for online purchases is continually being updated & these security features may appear on one site before another site, but if the key issue isn’t fixed, it will affect all your online purchases, with us, or other online shopping sites.
- As well, sometimes your credit card provider or bank blocks certain online purchases, which we know can be very frustrating - but it is designed to protect you.
In the above scenarios, you need to contact your credit card provider or bank, explain that you’re being blocked from doing the transaction online & they can assist you in getting to the bottom of it.
If you have contacted your bank & all of these details have been looked at & you are still getting an error message blocking your purchase, please send us an email about it & we’ll see what we can do. Please note that in all cases clients have reported the above issue to us, it has always turned out to be one of the above issues, even when they thought for sure that their information on file with the bank or credit card provider was accurate. There is always a chance there is something else that could be causing a temporary glitch & we would be happy to assist you with that, but we won’t be able to make any progress for you until the other potential problems are ruled out first!