- In-store Gift Cards are physical cards that can be redeemed in-store only towards merchandise at our retail shops*.
- This type of Gift Card cannot be purchased online - you need to visit a shop and purchase it in person.
We recommend Online Gift Cards as the best choice for all your gift-giving needs at this time. They can be used towards the purchase of any items sold on this website. You can choose to have the items shipped to you, OR you can select Store Pickup and collect your order at the store.
Please note that we are not able to accept In-Store Gift Cards at this time towards online purchases, as they belong to a different platform which we have not been able to integrate. Please know that we are working on this and other initiatives. We appreciate your patience and support!
*We are not currently offering in-store Workshops or Spa Services, but once they are available again, this type of Gift Card can be used towards these items as well.
How to Redeem
In-Store Gift Cards can be used at our retail stores in Victoria & Vancouver. A valid, physical gift card must be presented at the time of your service or purchase. If you forget your Gift Card, you will need to pay for your service/merchandise that day & use the Gift Card another time. If the purchase you are making is larger than the value of your Gift Card we will apply the value of the Gift Card first & let you know the remaining amount that you owe.
– In-store gift cards (regardless of whether they are purchased in-store or online) cannot be used towards online shopping purchases – they can only be redeemed in-store.
Looking to make a purchase online only? Click here to purchase an Online Gift Card.
Wanting to purchase a Spa Service as a Gift?
We are not currently offering in-store Spa Services, but once they are available again, this type of Gift Card can be used towards services at our Chinatown shop (this is the only location with a Spa). In the meantime, gift cards can be applied to any other products. Check out our award-winning Skincare + Bath & Body products for relaxing at-home spa treatments.
Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- A Gift Card is not valid unless an active code number is attached. Our computer system tracks the value of your Gift Card. If there is a difference between the stated value of your Gift Card, & the actual record in our computer system, the record in our computer system is the value which will be honoured.
- Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards. You cannot use a SILK ROAD Gift Card to purchase Online or In-store Gift Cards.
- We will only honour Gift Cards purchased through our stores or website.
- Gift Cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, and they do not qualify for an exchange. They can only be used to purchase goods online or in-store.
- Gift Cards are like cash – the person in possession of the card is known as the bearer & they are who gets to use the card. We cannot accept a photo of a gift card or a gift card number as proof of ownership. A Gift Card cannot be redeemed or re-issued if it is lost, stolen, altered, tampered with, damaged or destroyed.
- A Gift Card is not valid unless a legible gift card number is attached.
- Silk Road does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Acceptance of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time. Unauthorized resale prohibited.
GIFT CARD EXPIRY
Our current Gift Cards do not expire. We honour the full cash value of the card, however, please note that as Gift Cards can be redeemed multiple times until there is a zero balance, it is the current, valid amount that is verified by our point of sale system that will be honoured. Many years ago, we offered a type of Gift Certificate for specific spa services & packages. These had a price guarantee for the value of the service 1 year from the date of purchase. There have been price increases for Spa Services since that time. We will honour the value of this type of gift card, but a price difference between the old rate and new rate will be applied. You can also apply the dollar value to the purchase of products in-store.