How do I qualify for FREE Shipping?
Spend $50 or more (normally this rate is $75) & your order will ship for FREE to any Canadian destination. For orders under $50 in Canada, the FLAT RATE is only $15. Shipping to the U.S. is FREE for orders orders over $100 (normally this rate is $150). For orders under $100, the FLAT RATE is only $35.
All prices are in Canadian dollars.
If you are a U.S. customer, your credit card company will automatically convert the funds from Canadian to U.S. dollars & that information will appear on your credit card statement.
Once your shopping cart reaches the correct dollar value for free shipping, it will automatically offer free shipping to you. Otherwise, it will charge you the flat rate. Please note, when purchasing an Online Gift Card it will not qualify towards free shipping.
Where do you ship to?
We ship to anywhere in Canada & the U.S. We do not currently offer shipping to other destinations.
Items purchased through online shopping can be delivered locally to Vancouver & Victoria (where our retail shops are located) as well as to any destination in Canada & the U.S.
If you purchase items in-store at our Vancouver or Victoria shops, you’ll need to transport those items on your own. We do not offer shipping for goods purchased in-store.
What products do you ship?
We ship tea, skincare, aromatherapy + bath & body care, along with a small selection of accessories such as tea strainers & filters, which you’ll find in “wares > avail for shipping.
We do not ship ceramics. Currently, you can purchase a wide selection of teapots, mugs & household goods on our website, but these are for Store Pickup only. While our shops are closed, you can’t go inside the store to make purchases, but you can check out our full collection of what’s available for sale on our website, purchase it online (& pay for it online) then select Store Pickup to get the items.
I'm getting a shipping error
Getting the wrong shipping choice or no shipping as an option? Are you selecting shipping but being forced to only choose store pickup, or the reverse? Or are you getting a message that says “there are no shipping methods available”?
If you’re not able to access the shipping/store pickup method you want, or getting any error relating to the shipment method, there are usually two easy fixes for this:
1. Check to make sure that the items you are purchasing are available for your selected delivery method (shipping or store pickup). Many of our teawares & household goods are ONLY available for store pickup & not always at both stores. Most of our teas, skin & bodycare products are available for store pickup in Victoria & Vancouver as well as for shipping. The selection of goods varies by shop. So, if you’ve selected an item for pickup that is not available in the city you have requested, an error message may appear.
2. Clear your cache or try a different browser. This may clear up any issues not related to shipping/delivery methods. It is important to clear your cache so that you can see the most recent version of a web page. If you’re using Chrome, click here for instructions on how to clear your cache. If you’re using a PC or Internet Explorer click here.
If you have tried both of these options & are still receiving an error message please email us at email@example.com Be sure to include your contact info (including phone number) & the items you would like to purchase.
I saw an item in one of your stores that isn’t on the website. Is it possible to get it shipped?
We only offer shipping for items that are designated as items we will ship. We ship tea, skincare, aromatherapy + bath & body care, along with a small selection of accessories such as tea strainers & filters, which you’ll find in “wares > items we ship”.
Can I place an order over the phone?
Credit card companies do not allow us to take credit card information over the phone or via email, so we are unable to take your order over the phone. We do not accept payment by cheque, money order or e-transfer. You’ll need to place your order online & pay for it using our secure e-commerce provider.
If you need assistance with online shopping, please feel free to email or call our Online Shopping Help Desk at 250-388-6815
Can I place an order by calling your store & pick it up in-store?
To place an order for Store Pickup, it’s not done over the phone. You’ll need to shop online on this website, select the items you with to purchase & pay for the order online - select Store Pickup as your shipping method. We are not accepting cash at this time. All Store Pickup orders need to be paid at the time the order is placed online.
Can I purchase a gift card or spa service as a gift over the phone?
Gift Cards are available for purchase online! Click here to purchase a gift card. Our Gift Cards can be redeemed towards the merchandise or spa services, but please note that our spa is currently closed so we are not accepting spa bookings at this time.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice. We do not offer rain checks or price guarantees.
NEW > Canada Post tracking say “delivered” but it hasn’t arrived yet?
To speed things up, Canada Post delivery drivers are scanning ALL packages when they load their trucks, instead of waiting until they actually deliver. But the trucks are getting very full & they are very busy. So, the parcels in that truck that day which have been scanned to say “delivered” may not get delivered that day, depending on how busy they are. When that happens, the truck goes back to the sorting facility for delivery the next day. It may also happen that you get a confirmation of delivery early in the day, but your parcel comes later in the afternoon. Based on the feedback we are hearing from customers, we estimate that it may take half a day to 24 hours or longer from the time you receive an email which says “delivered” to when your parcel arrives.
We would recommend that you wait 2 business days from receiving a message that Canada Post has delivered to contact us to follow up on this as a potentially missing parcel. It’s not until after that point, when the potential exists for the parcel to actually be missing. We cannot assist with a trace on the parcel until after Canada Post considers the parcel is missing & given the new procedures they have in place which is making it seem as though parcels are arriving sooner than they are, they will not consider the parcel missing until at least 2 days after the delivery notice.
How long will it take to receive my order?
You’ll get a notice from us confirming when your order shipped. It typically takes 1-2 business days from when your order was placed to when we ship it.
We ship using expedited service from Canada Post, so our delivery times are faster than you may expect. Here is a list of how long it usually takes for orders to arrive to you once they have been shipped
- Vancouver Island: 1-2 business days
- BC Lower Mainland: 1-2 business days
- Rest of BC: 2-3 business days
- Prairie Provinces (AB, SK, MB): 3-7 business days
- Eastern Canada (ON, QC): 5-7 business days
- Maritimes (NL, NB, NS, PE): 7-8 business days
- Northern Canada (YT, NT, NU): 5-10 business days
- USA (can vary greatly depending on the destination): 5-12 business days
Please note these shipping estimates may vary during the holiday season or during peak times.
We recommend adding extra time for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day as the information we’ve provided above are estimates. Due to circumstances outside of our control including severe weather & customs, parcels can experience unexpected delays
We ship via Canada Post
Orders within Canada & to the USA, are shipped via Canada Post expedited service, which is faster than regular parcel post, ensuring a speedier delivery time!
Is there a faster way to get my order? What are your shipping options
The only method of shipping we currently offer is Canada Post.
This is a gift – I’d prefer a receipt not be included. What are the options?
During checkout please note in the special instructions, that the order is a gift & whether a receipt is needed or not. If it’s noted as a gift then a gift receipt is included.
Where can I locate my shipping / tracking info?
You will receive an email when your order has shipped. The tracking information will be included.
Will I need to sign for my order?
Our orders are shipped via Canada Post. The current information from Canada Post regarding how your orders will be delivered is here for your convenience:
- To help minimize points of close contact in our communities, we will no longer be requesting signatures for any deliveries to the door. This will eliminate the need for scanners & stylus pens to be passed back & forth during the delivery process of these items.
- Instead, where possible, our delivery agents will apply our safe drop process. This means they will leave these items in your mailbox or outside your door if it’s safe to do so. Where it’s not possible to safe drop, our delivery agent will leave a notice card indicating the post office where you can pick up your items by showing proof of identity.
- To receive the following items only: Registered, Xpresspost Certified, Proof of Identity, Proof of Age, COD (collect on delivery) & items where custom fees are due, please know that we cannot release these items unless a signature is provided. You will receive a notice card indicating the post office where you can pick up your items by showing proof of identity & signing. If you are sick or under self-isolation, please arrange for someone to pick up these items in your place.
*Canada Post is continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates, which we will post here.
I need to make changes to my order?
I'm getting a payment error message
Your billing address must match what the bank has on file exactly or there could be an error when processing your payment. Postal codes are case sensitive - make sure yours is entered correctly (entering it incorrectly is one of the most common errors we see when this is an issue). If it’s still giving you an error message, the problem is with your bank or your credit card provider & here’s what can go wrong:
- Sometimes what is on file at your bank slightly mismatches what you have entered in your online checkout. It might be that you moved and didn’t update your bank with your new address, or that if you have an address with a unit or apartment number on it, or it’s a numbered street (like West 4th or NW) that the way your bank has it written doesn’t match what you’ve outlined. You’ll need to check with your bank to confirm the details &/or get them to update the information if their information on file doesn’t match your current info. Fraud prevention for online purchases is continually being updated & these security features may appear on one site before another site, but if the key issue isn’t fixed, it will affect all your online purchases, with us, or other online shopping sites.
- As well, sometimes your credit card provider or bank blocks certain online purchases, which we know can be very frustrating - but it is designed to protect you.
In the above scenarios, you need to contact your credit card provider or bank, explain that you’re being blocked from doing the transaction online & they can assist you in getting to the bottom of it.
If you have contacted your bank & all of these details have been looked at & you are still getting an error message blocking your purchase, please contact us. Please note that in all cases clients have reported the above issue to us, it has always turned out to be one of the above issues, even when they thought for sure that their information on file with the bank or credit card provider was accurate. There is always a chance there is something else that could be causing a temporary glitch & we would be happy to assist you with that, but we won’t be able to make any progress for you until the other potential problems are ruled out first!
Do I need a customer account to buy from you?
Yes, you will need to register for a customer account before you are able to checkout. Once you have activated your account, you will be able to login for faster checkout & to track your order. Create your account here.
I have a wholesale account with you, how do I place an order?
This online shopping store is not enabled for wholesale orders at this time. Please email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Wholesale Department Tuesday - Saturday 12-5 pm at 250 388 6815.Wholesale hours may vary as staff availability is limited due to social distancing.
I forgot my password?
You will need to reset your password. Go to the Log in page & click forgot your password?. This will prompt you to enter the email that you used to create an account. You will receive an email that you can use to reset your password.
What is your return & exchange policy?
All goods purchased at this time are considered a FINAL SALE. For health & safety reasons, we do not accept returns or exchanges on any personal care products or food items, including all tea, skincare, bath & body care products & essential oils. Due to additional safety concerns around Covid-19 we are also not accepting any returns or exchanges at the store of household goods such as teapots, teacups, mugs, strainers or tea filters.
I need help… there’s a problem with my order.
If there is an issue with your order, you need to notify us as soon as possible - within 5 business days or less of receiving your order.
We have a strong quality assurance program in place to ensure orders are checked multiple times before being shipped, so that your order is shipped with all correct items & packed well according to shipping best practices to prevent damage.
In the event there is an issue, please send us an email to email@example.com within 5 days or less, describing what happened & we may request that you take photos. If the exterior of the parcel was damaged, or goods inside the parcel were damaged, you’ll also need to retain all packing materials for inspection by Canada Post.
What is the difference between an Online & In-store Gift Card?
Online Gift Cards are for online shopping only (on this website). Online Gift Cards cannot be used in our Vancouver & Victoria shops or for spa services. In-Store Gift Cards can be used at our retail stores & for spa services at our Chinatown shop (this is the only location with a Spa).
Read more Gift Card FAQs here.
Can I use a gift card online?
Yes, you will need to purchase an ONLINE Gift Card. You will not be able to make online purchases with a In-Store Gift Card. When you purchase an Online Gift Card you get an email sent to you that contains a unique gift code that you redeem at checkout.
Can I use a gift card in the Spa?
Yes, you will need to purchase a IN-STORE Gift Card. Online Gift Cards are not redeemable at the Spa. When you purchase an In-Store Gift Card online, a physical gift card is mailed either to you or to the recipient – gift cards purchased online cannot be picked up in-store. They cannot be used to purchase merchandise online.
How do I give a gift card as a present?
When you buy an Online Gift Card for someone else, you simply forward the email to the person you’re gifting it to. When you buy an In-store Gift Card for someone else, a physical gift card is mailed via Canada Post to you, or to the recipient. Please note that In-Store Gift Cards purchased through this webstore cannot be picked up in-store. You can also purchase an In-Store Gift Card in person if you visit one of our shops.
Read more Gift Card FAQs here.
I’m having issues ordering on your website
We’re happy to help! Please contact our Online Shopping Help Desk by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 250 388 6815. Please note that our help desk is currently operating on a reduced schedule due to support physical distancing. We are available to assist you Tuesday through Saturday from 12-5 (Pacific Standard Time), and are closed Sundays & Stat Holidays.
Thank you for your patience & support during this challenging time. We are doing our best to serve you & are continually improving & adding to our offerings to serve you better.