flavour profile: complex spicy notes hint of cinnamon, clove & camphor
ingredients: tulsi (holy basil), purple krishna varietal
Revered as one of the most powerful healing herbs, Tulsi is so highly prized in India, it is known as "the elixir of life". Studies are revealing a vast array of benefits:
- counteracts physical & mental stress, including prolonged physical exertion, exposure to environmental toxins, cold & even excessive noise
- balancing effect on blood sugar, blood pressure & cholesterol
- supports brain function & memory; natural anti-depressant
- pain-relief & anti-inflammatory
- caffeine-free energy & calm. Has an adaptogenic effect, uplifting or soothing depending on what you need & when you drink it.
Drink Tulsi hot or iced, add a pinch to any of your favourite teas as a nutrient booster, or cook with it. Check out our divine Bisque Soup recipe for inspiration.
Also known as ‘holy basil’, Tulsi produces different varietals. Krishna Purple Tulsi & Green Rama Tulsi are associated with similar properties. Traditionally, Green Rama is considered cooling & is used for allergies & warmer constitutions. Purple Krishna is considered more warming & nourishing for those with cooler constitutions. To decide which one is for you, get both, drink them regularly & see how you respond. It can also be best to taste each & choose the one you are more drawn to.
Pour 2 cups of water over 1 tsp. of SILK ROAD premium quality, organic loose tea. This may not seem like a lot of tea but SILK ROAD teas are incredibly fresh & flavourful, which means that you don’t need very much in order to produce a delicious cup of tea. Using any more tea leaves can result in a cup of tea that is too strong.
- herbal tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 7-10 minutes
- wellness tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | cover & steep 7-10 minutes
- green tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 1-3 minutes
- black tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 2-5 minutes
- white tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 3-5 minutes
- oolong tea bring water to the boil | steep 5-7 minutes
We’re now sold out of the 250 cup size tins, but you’re welcome to order refills for your 250 cup tins. We’re delighted to announce that our 300 cup tins are back in stock again!
Loose teas are sold in refillable tins to preserve freshness and nutrients. Exposure to light, heat and air causes flavour loss as well as the nutrient value of tea to decline, so be sure to store your teas in the tins they came in. Bring the tin back into our shops for refills and enjoy a discount. Please note that we sell our loose teas by volume, not weight.