flavour profile: the blissful taste of delicate cherry & sencha with a beguiling, fruity & floral aroma*
ingredients: Japanese green tea, sakura cherry essence
*Our current batch of this popular tea has a stunningly beautiful, sweet floral aroma & taste that is more heightened than usual. As well, the distinctive fruity & sour notes that are characteristic of this tea are a bit milder than is typical. The sour and fruity aspects to the tea remain, but in a slightly subdued way, with this added floral note.
Premium quality, organic tea is like fine wine - it changes from batch to batch and season to season. Rainfall patterns and temperature variations cause changes to the taste of ingredients.
This is a plus overall, because it reflects a high quality, fresh, seasonal product grown in harmony with nature. We do not use any artificial flavourings.
If you love the more intensely fruity version of this tea, we recommend purchasing a smaller quantity of this batch, in case it's not your cup of tea! As tea is a food product, it is not refundable, so it's best to stock up once you know for sure you're a fan of this batch.
In the event you fall in love with this version, we recommend purchasing more soon, as climate change is having unpredictable effects on harvests, so we don't yet know what the next batch will reveal in terms of aroma and taste.
We are not in a position to offer free samples at this time, but if you'd like to try it before you buy it, a mini-tin is a great trial size to purchase for only $4.99.
In Japan, sakura cherry blossoms are a symbol of fleeting beauty and they remind us to appreciate the beauty of the moment & to be more mindful. In that sense, the Sour Cherry Tea is being true to form - the change in the taste encourages us to celebrate this delightful sweet, floral taste while we can, before it's gone. For those who love the more classic version, it's an opportunity to appreciate the tea in its more original form when it returns.
Please note that:
- Bulk sizes of teabags are temporarily sold out due to supply chain shortages. We are currently experiencing shortages of both the tea filter material that the teabags are made of, as well as the material that is used to individually wrap the teabags (these are sold as bulk 85 individually wrapped teabags). We do not have an estimated arrival date for when these items will be back in stock, so we recommend you purchase the 12 packs of teabags for now.
- Our current packaging for teabags is a compostable recycled paper material, as shown in these images. We are sold out of the original red & white packaging at this time. There are also shortages of packaging materials at this time, so we aren’t yet sure what packaging these will be available in once this style of kraft satchels sells out! If any changes occur, we’ll update these photos so you can see what’s next.
Buy more, save more
Teabags are available in three sizes:
Looking for bulk teabags? We are sold out of all sizes larger than our 12 teabag/24 cup size & are experiencing delays in receiving more of our compostable tea filters in order to make more of the bulk sizes. We do not have a current estimate on when we'll have bulk bags available again. We are not taking a customer request for the bulk sizes of teabags at this time. We recommend you check back here on the website in about 4 weeks to find out more about their status.
A zip top satchel: containing 12 teabags. Each individual tea bag brews a generous two cup serving of tea. Perfect for everyday use, travel & gifts.
38 unwrapped teabags: (contains one type of tea). Perfect for households & workplaces where you like to drink a lot of tea (or want to encourage more tea drinking)! More tea = happier, healthier people. When you purchase this size, you’re saving 13% as compared to the standard 12 teabag format. To maintain the tea’s freshness when purchasing this size, we recommend transferring the teabags into an airtight container away from exposure to light & heat.
85 individually wrapped teabags: (contains one type of tea per bulk package of 85 teabags). Our individual wrap is compostable cellulose, sustainably sourced from FSC managed forests. Individually wrapped teabags are perfect for the home & workplaces. These are also great for taking single teabags with you when you are on the go. They also make great favours for weddings, showers, kid’s birthdays, fundraisers, swag bags & more.
Please note that this is the only size format that we offer individually wrapped teabags in—they are not available for purchase in smaller quantities. When you purchase this size, you’re saving 24% as compared to the standard 12 teabag format & getting the added value of the individually wrapped teabag. Please note that compostable materials including the individual wrap for these teabags will deteriorate when exposed to sunlight & heat. Store these in a cupboard or drawer away from exposure to light & heat, which will also maximize the tea’s freshness.
About Our Teabags
Each individual tea bag brews a generous 2 cup serving of tea. Enjoy the convenience of a tea bag without compromising quality.
- Our teabags are made of plant fibre & the entire teabag (including tag & string) are fully compostable.
- We pack the teabags locally ourselves using our own dedicated teabag packaging equipment to ensure the highest level of freshness & quality control.
- Our teabag equipment is highly specialized & designed to protect tea’s freshness & flavour. It doesn’t crush, damage or heat tea leaves.
This tea is also available for purchase as a loose tea, packaged in our signature silver tins.
Discover more reasons to love our teabags HERE.