Beau-TEA-ful Skin Smoothie
by Tea Master DANIELA CUBELIC
Counteract sun & environmental damage, aging & the bad habits that wreak havoc on your skin with this healthy, frothy, sugar-free drink that contains anti-aging antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, protein, healthy fats, & anti-inflammatory compounds which benefit the skin & act like a tonic to your entire system. Best of all, this smoothie tastes yummy & is fast & easy to make!
Have it with breakfast, or as a healthy alternative to a snack between meals. Sip while making dinner if you’re hungry when cooking, to avoid snacking on unhealthy foods.
This smoothie also provides a boost of energy (& helps reduce food cravings), while delivering benefits to your skin, cardiovascular system & more.
Bathing in sea & mineral salts can be a powerful way to boost your complexion & support the skin’s renewal & natural detoxification processes. To discover more about the remarkable benefits of a bath & how it may help promote healthy, glowing, toned skin from head to go, click HERE.
Our all-natural SKINCARE are a cult-fave for high-performance results without the use of chemicals. Explore the collection HERE.
We love seeing what you're making! Share & tag your Silk Road recipes with the hashtag #SilkRoadCommuniTEA - you’ll find us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER & PINTEREST.
Get inspired with more tips, techniques & recipes - watch & learn directly from Tea Master Daniela Cubelic in this captivating VIDEO SERIES.
Learn how to make chai tea soup, tea hot chocolates, mulled cider teas, tea infused oatmeal, ice cream tea floats, tea lemonades, iced teas & more. You’ll also discover fascinating facts & info about the health benefits of tea, tea history & secrets for tea brewing.
Beau-TEA-Ful Skin Smoothie
makes 1 cup
- 1 cup Beau-TEA-ful Tea brewed double strength, strained & cooled to room temperature (use 1 tsp of tea per 1 cup of water, instead of ½ tsp tea)
- 6 raw, unroasted almonds (with skins on)
- 4 raw, unroasted pecans
- 2 tsp. cold pressed flaxseed oil
- If possible, before making this drink, pre-soak nuts in water for 6-12 hours. Place them in a glass or bowl, & cover with enough water so that they are completely submerged in water, plus about another inch of water. Store in fridge. When you are ready to use them, strain the soaking water off. The reason for this is that pre-soaking the nuts makes them creamier & they dissolve better into the drink. This step isn’t essential- I’ve made this drink without pre-soaking on many occasions, & it tastes great, but the pre-soak makes the texture even nicer.
- Use organic, fresh, good quality nuts & flaxseed oil. Not only do they taste better, but in addition to an unappealing rancid flavour, stale nuts & oil have lost their antioxidant & nutritive properties. As well, to maximize the healthful properties of food, avoid ingredients that aren’t organic – they may contain pesticide residues or other undesirable chemicals.
- Don’t make this smoothie with hot tea. Use room temperature or iced tea. While hot tea is very good for you, the heat causes the beneficial properties of the flaxseed oil to be lost. It also causes a reduction in the healthy fats found in the nuts. If you enjoy cold drinks, you can add some ice to the blender when making it, so that it’s icy.
- Our premium quality tea has a natural sweetness to it, & doesn’t require any sweetener. However, if you’d like this to have a bit of sweetness, add up to 1 tsp. good quality maple syrup. In general, try to eliminate sugar from your diet whenever you can, so if you can avoid it in this drink, or your daily cup of tea, that’s a great choice to make. Sugar is linked to inflammation & many diseases, & it’s in more places in your diet than you might realize. It’s a hidden ingredient in many processed foods, but it’s not just by adding sugar to our foods that we end up with sugar in our diets. Our bodies convert all the carbs we eat (bread, potatotes) into sugar, which causes our blood sugar levels to rise, which can lead to weight gain, mood issues, diabetes & many other issues.