Brilliant ideas for staying fresh, cool & calm, along with delicious & easy recipes for food & drink when you’re camping. With recipes like tea-infused S’MORES, BANANA BOATS & GRILLED FRUIT, plus ingenious tips for brewing tea, this handy guide is guaranteed to make camping more yummy, relaxing, fun & luxurious with little effort.
While these are designed for your wilderness adventure, our suggestions can also be enjoyed in your own backyard for barbeques or when you’re just hanging out.
You can also use many of these ideas for a picnic or day hike.
TAKE WITH YOU
- WESTCOAST WILDERNESS LOTION—the essential oils found in this lotion are a natural bug repellent! Plus it smells amazing & helps you feel fresher. The key essential oils are sourced from trees & are linked to stress-relieving, calming benefits.
- Shower & wash hands (or even your hair!) with our WESTCOAST WILDERNESS HAND & BODY WASH. The biodegradable formula also contains the same essential oils that act as a natural insect repellant.
- SEA, PARADISE & HARMONY TONERS— Instant, low tech “air-conditioner” at camp, on the drive there & back, or during & after a hike! SEA is minty, icy cool. PARADISE has a delicate floral aroma & HARMONY is lightly citrusy. Simply mist over face, neck & behind the knees for an instant cool down or for a refreshing pick-me-up anytime you need it. Put them in your fridge overnight before going camping, so they are pre-chilled on the drive. Throughout the trip, store them in the cooler to keep them cold. They have a refreshing quality even when they aren’t cold, but it’s ultra-cooling when they are chilled. P.S. Our alcohol-free toners have a pH balancing effect on the skin, helping to keep your complexion happy. Soothing effect on any skin irritations & bug bites.
- HAVEN HAND SANITIZER—Our house-made aromatherapy formula contains potent anti-viral essential oils in a blend of 70% isopropyl alcohol. Doesn’t leave hands feeling sticky, but does leave behind a light, refreshing scent.
- Bring along a TAKEYA FLASH CHILL ICED TEA maker to brew hot or cold tea in a snap.
- Grab a handy TRAVEL MUG to keep your tea warm on misty mornings or cool evenings under the stars. Our TRAVEL MUGS are thermal, which means they will keep your iced tea nice & cool too!
- SILK ROAD premium TEABAGS are an easy way to make hot or iced tea in the great outdoors & are available in some of our most popular flavours. Pack electrolyte-rich QUENCH tea to stay hydrated!
- Bring our WELLNESS REMEDY ROLL-ON ESSENTIALS KIT for whatever ails you. These essential oil based formulas also make pleasing natural scents to keep you smelling fresh. Helpful for sleep, allergies, headaches, sinus, stress & more.
- Iced tea couldn’t be easier. Make COLD BREW TEA in your cooler—you don’t even need to boil water!
- You can also make ICE BREW TEA with leftover ice from your camping coolers. Just put some or all of the cooler ice in clean freezer bags, then pack them in the cooler. When you store ice in freezer bags inside the cooler it keeps it foodsafe & it can then do double duty to keep things in the cooler cold, while being used to make ICE BREW TEA. You can put tea leaves directly into the freezer bags with the ice as you are packing. Find out more about this clever trick HERE.
- For the perfect campfire drink, try our CASABLANCA HOT CHOCOLATE. This quick & easy, yummy hot chocolate makes a wonderful nightcap, as well as an after-dinner drink. For breakfast (or anytime you’re craving it), make a TEA LATTE.
- For camping cocktails that will wow, try incorporating your favourite tea. Check out recipes for our TEA GIN & TONIC, SUBLIME-LY MINT MOJITO or TEA SANGRIA. Or make your own TEA INFUSED SPIRITS to create a signature camping cocktail.
- For fun mocktails, pack your favourite TEA SYRUP in the cooler, to make HOMEMADE TEA SPARKLERS & SODA POP. (TEA SYRUP is also a great topping for PANCAKES!)
Make campfire favourites even more fun by infusing them with your favourite tea!
- Kids & adults will love our VEGAN S’MORES & BANANA BOATS made with TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE.
- Bring the TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE as a handy instant dessert idea.
- Enjoy the fruits of summer by making GRILLED FRUITS WITH TEA SYRUP.
- Make our yummy VEGAN PANCAKES on the barbeque & serve with TEA SYRUP.
- For a healthy, hearty, easy breakfast that everyone will love, serve our TEA OATMEAL.
BAKE OR MAKE IN ADVANCE & BRING WITH YOU
These goodies store well & are the perfect companions for travel:
- TEA GUMMY BEARS! Need we say more? Everyone adores these.
- Sprinkle our MATCHA ALMONDS over BANANA BOATS, TEA OATMEAL, PANCAKES or enjoy them on their own.
- For a protein-rich, savory snack, bring along our TAMARI NUT MIX (& make more than you think you’ll need, trust us—it will get devoured).
- Our TEA-INFUSED GRANOLA & TRAIL MIX gives you a boost when you need it.
- For simple, irresistible desserts or snacks, you can’t beat our CHOCOLATE HUG MUFFINS (with soothing vanilla, chocolate & lavender) or our LONDON FOG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
- Jazz up salads or create marinades with our TEA INFUSED VINEGARS.
Share your camping, picnic & backyard adventures with us. We love seeing what you're making! Share & tag your Silk Road recipes with the hashtag #SilkRoadCommuniTEA - you’ll find us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST.
Get inspired with more tips, techniques & recipes - watch & learn directly from Tea Master Daniela Cubelic in this captivating VIDEO SERIES.
Learn how to make chai tea soup, tea hot chocolates, mulled cider teas, tea infused oatmeal, ice cream tea floats, tea lemonades, iced teas & more. You’ll also discover fascinating facts & info about the health benefits of tea, tea history & secrets for tea brewing.