Making vegan s’mores is as easy as making regular s’mores, you just have to look for vegan ingredients, which are much easier to find at most grocery stores these days than they used to be. Many chocolates are now vegan. For making the TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE for this recipe, you may want to use a chocolate bar that can be broken into thin, large squares, as this will absorb tea flavour well, will be easiest to assemble & will melt more easily. You can also look for chocolate made with plant-based milks or a higher ration of cocoa butter, as these will melt more easily than pure dark chocolate. Vegan marshmallows are found in many grocery stores, either with conventional marshmallows or in the health food section. There are several different brands of vegan graham crackers available, including some that are also gluten-free.
You can also make s’mores with our recipe for LONDON FOG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES—you can omit the chocolate chips (or keep them in) & do the same with the LONDON FOG tea. The LONDON FOG tea adds an amazing underlying flavour to the cookie which is sensational with the vanilla notes in a marshmallow, but you can also make it without the LONDON FOG tea (although why would you want to do that?! Just sayin’….).
Healthy Tip Accompanying this food item with the same tea used in the recipe (hot, iced, or as a tea latte) can enhance the enjoyment of all the flavours, as it adds a layer of complimentary flavour, which amplifies & brightens the taste of all the ingredients. Tea is also a delicious, low-calorie, healthy alternative to alcohol or sugary drinks.
As well, when you’re eating carbs or sweets, it can also be a great idea to reach for teas that help counteract these effects.
Mulberry tea has been used in Asian traditional medicine for hundreds of years as a way to support blood sugar balance & assist weight management. Studies are starting to support these ideas, & are finding that the mulberry can help block carbohydrate absorption.
Detox tea may be an even better choice when having rich or higher-fat foods, as well as carbs & sweets, as the herbs in it were traditionally consumed to counteract all three of these.
Recent studies show that a HOT BATH can have similar benefits as exercise! Effortlessly burn calories, stimulate the metabolism, manage blood sugar & more. Click HERE to discover how to optimize your bath & learn about the surprising benefits of a bath.
Get inspired with more tips, techniques & recipes - watch & learn directly from Tea Master Daniela Cubelic in this captivating VIDEO SERIES.
Learn how to make chai tea soup, tea hot chocolates, mulled cider teas, tea infused oatmeal, ice cream tea floats, tea lemonades, iced teas & more. You’ll also discover fascinating facts & info about the health benefits of tea, tea history & secrets for tea brewing.
GREAT TEAS FOR VEGAN S’MORES WITH TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE
VEGAN S’MORES WITH TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE
dairy-free, gluten-free & vegan
TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATES (see below for recipe or see our blog for more information)
large vegan marshmallows
gluten-free vegan graham crackers or our LONDON FOG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Place a marshmallow on a sharpened stick or metal skewer & roast over fire until golden brown on all sides.
- While your marshmallow is roasting, assemble a square of TEA-INFUSED CHOCOLATE onto a graham cracker or cookie. Once your marshmallow is toasted, slide the marshmallow on top of the chocolate & then sandwich with another graham cracker. Be careful—the cooked marshmallow will be very hot. Wait for the chocolate to melt from the heat of the marshmallow & then enjoy!
makes ½ cup
½ cup chocolate tablets, chips or a chocolate bar (see note in introduction about selecting chocolate to use in s’mores).
airtight container (this is a great way to re-use your leftover Silk Road tea tins!)
- Place the teabag in the bottom of an airtight container. If using loose tea, place tea into a filter bag first, before placing it into the airtight container.
- Place chocolate over top of the tea & put the lid on the container
Don’t have a week to spare in order to make this? Double the amount of tea or teabags that you are using, but keep the amount of chocolate the same, & it will reduce the time it takes for the flavours to be released. You can still get great tasting tea-infused chocolates in 1–2 days, if you increase the proportion of tea.
After the tea has finished being infused into the chocolate, you can remove the tea & still enjoy the leftover tea for brewing. In fact, it tastes very delicious when served paired with the Tea-Infused Chocolate!
- Always select a tea with a strong aroma—for instance, trying to infuse the aroma of a plain BLACK TEA, or a plain GREEN TEA into chocolate doesn’t work very well, because it doesn’t have a lot of flavour or scent to release. Teas that don’t release a lot of flavour until they are brewed don’t make good teas for infusing into the flavour of the chocolate. Teas or herbs with strong, enjoyable aromas work best.
- Don’t refrigerate the tea/chocolate while it is infusing—too cool an environment will inhibit flavour release. Avoid storing the tea/chocolate near excess heat too (don’t keep it near a stove) as heat can make the chocolate melt or change colour.
- Once the chocolate has been infused, continue to store it in an airtight container to prevent flavour loss. As long as you continue to store it in an airtight container, it will maintain the tea’s flavour for several months. Over time, the tea’s flavour will lessen. In that case, you can refresh it by repeating the procedure of adding tea to the airtight container. It will usually take less time to infuse the second time, as some of the tea’s flavour will still remain.
- Snack on these chocolates anytime, or serve them as dessert. Create an easy tea & chocolate pairing for dessert by taking creating several different types of Tea-Infused Chocolates, & then serving them with small amounts of the tea they were made from. It’s absolutely divine!